Noble Pawtrait’s Guide To Give Your Pet A Good Massage
Massages are not only good for pet parents but also can work wonders for your fur baby. Giving your pets a massage is a great idea to spend time together and build loving bonding moments.
Benefits of pet massage
Image source: Pinterest
Pet massage can be a big help for your pet’s health. It is known for these benefits:
- Reducing joint and muscle pain
- Support recovery from injury
- Comfort for elderly pets
- Calm the nervous system
- Immune-boosting benefits
- Help strengthen pet to pet parents bond
Check out areas which are good to massage for dogs
Image source: Bright Side
There are 8 areas which are good to massage for your dogs: head, ears, neck, back, stomach, legs, paws and chest. A good massage at these areas can help your dog to relax its muscles and calm its nerver system.
Check out areas which are good to massage for cats
Image source: Imugr
Massaging these areas can help your cat to relax, calm down after a stressful event and it can feel more love and care from you. Usually, cats enjoy soft, light touches that run along their body. As you give your cat a massage, stick to gentle motions that caress them rather than deep ones that could be tough on their bodies.
Tips to have a relaxing massage
- Be gentle –– check-in with your pet to make sure they’re comfortable.
- Be strategic –– massage in circular motions starting at the torso and moving around to other areas of the body.
- Be patient –– try not to rush, make sudden movements, or scold your pet during the massage session, remember it’s about making them feel safe and relaxed.
- Be generous –– if your pet clearly enjoys their massage, treat them to an extra few minutes, and consider giving them their favorite treat after the session ends.